The Service is an online financial literacy tool provided by Banqer. In order to provide the Service, Banqer may collect some personal information about you.
Where you provide personal information to us, we will comply with the Privacy Act 1993 (New Zealand) and other applicable privacy laws (“Privacy Laws”).
Collection and use of Personal Information:
The personal information provided by you to us is collected, and may be used, for:
- providing or improving the Service,
- monitoring website usage and compliance with this Agreement;
- carrying out internal research and development;
- providing information to you about additional products or services that may be of interest to you; or
- If you are a Teacher or an Institution on a Sponsored Plan, providing billing details (names and email addresses) of users accessing the Service under that plan to Banqer’s sponsorship partner, for auditing purposes only.
Collecting and use of aggregate User Data and User Submissions:
You agree that we may retain and aggregate User Data and User Submissions, including your User Data and User Submissions, for marketing purposes and may provide aggregate User Data and User Submissions to third parties, provided that such use does not enable the identification of any individual, i.e. is anonymised. If you are acting on behalf as an agency for the purposes of the Privacy Laws, you agree to ensure that you collect, use, hold and process any User Data and User Submission in accordance with your obligations under the Privacy Laws.
International storage of User Data and User Submissions:
You agree that we may store User Data and User Submissions (including any personal information) in secure servers overseas, for example the United States, and may access User Data and User Submissions (including personal information) in countries such as the United States and New Zealand, from time to time.
If you become aware or suspect that any unauthorised person has obtained, or attempted to obtain, access to User Data or User Submissions or has used or attempted to use User Data or User Submissions for purposes not authorised or permitted by this Agreement:
- you must immediately notify us; and
- we may at our discretion take such steps as are reasonably available to us to identify that unauthorised person and to prevent that access. To avoid doubt, where the unauthorised access or use is by a Private User or a student, teacher or employee of an Institution, or is caused by a breach of this Agreement by a Private User or a student, teacher or employee of an Institution, the relevant unauthorised or breaching person must pay us reasonable costs related to taking such steps.
In addition to any circumstances allowing us to use or disclose personal information under the Privacy Laws, we may use or disclose your personal information where reasonably necessary to investigate any complaint or to protect your, our or another person’s rights or safety.
Sale of business:
If we enter into an agreement for a bona fide sale of our business (assets or shares, whether in whole or in part) to a third party, your personal information may be transferred to the third party purchaser. You acknowledge and agree that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer of Banqer or its assets may continue to access and use the User Data and User Submissions as set out in this Agreement.
From time to time we may test new features and make subtle changes to the way the Service is presented. When we are testing new features, cookies may be used to ensure that you receive a consistent experience while using the Service, whilst also ensuring we understand which changes our users appreciate the most.
Access to personal information:
You have the right to access and request correction of any personal information that we hold about you. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to request any personal information or wish to raise any complaints or concerns.
|If you are domiciled in:||the governing law is the law of:||and we and you submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of:|
|New Zealand or any other country not listed above||New Zealand||New Zealand|